RJW Sheet Metal Ltd believes that all businesses are responsible for achieving good environmental practice and operating in a sustainable manner.
We are therefore committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral and fundamental part of our business strategy and operating methods.
Our environmental concerns include:
- The supply of raw materials
- Changes in weather patterns
- The wellbeing of all wildlife
- Environmental conditions for future generations
- Actively install intelligent lighting
- Recycle all metal waste
- Re-use packaging wherever practical
- Source energy efficient equipment and fleet
- Ensure treatment to all liquid wastes
Our policy is to:
- Comply with or exceed the requirements of current environmental legislation and codes of practice.
- Minimise our waste and then reuse or recycle as much of it as possible.
- Minimise energy and water usage in our buildings, vehicles and processes in order to conserve supplies, and minimise our consumption of natural resources, especially where they are non-renewable.
- Operate and maintain company vehicles (where appropriate) with due regard to environmental issues as far as reasonably practical and encourage the use of alternative means of transport and car sharing as appropriate.
- Apply the principles of continuous improvement in respect of air, water, noise and light pollution from our premises and reduce any impacts from our operations on the environment and local community.
- As far as possible purchase products and services that do the least damage to the environment and encourage others to do the same.
- Assess the environmental impact of any new processes or products we intend to introduce in advance.
Did you know?
The World Wildlife Fund (WWF) has found that 52% of the worlds animals have vanished since 1970.
Most people know the Dodo is extinct but the West African Black Rhino and the Chinese River Dolphin are also extinct.
About one quarter of the western medicine used today has ingredients that originated in the Amazon Rainforest. The Amazon's trees and plants are also responsible for providing more than 20% of the world’s oxygen.